Grandma's Secret Spot Remover Laundry Spray


    The story with me and this laundry spray goes way back to when I was in high school! I randomly picked up a small bottle of this spray in my home town local craft store. When growing up on a farm, having a working stain remover for clothing was very important! 

    I have to give credit to my parents especially my mom for this discovery. At a young age both my sister and I were taught how to do our own laundry (the parents thought it was worth a few shrunken sweaters for less work they had to do!) I think they just reached a point where it got really annoying trying to gather up all of our laundry and then spending the whole weekend doing said laundry, only to be grumbled at if certain items were not cleaned on time (sound familiar?) I was grateful when I got to college and found out I was one kid of very very few who knew how to do my own laundry!

     So the saying goes: “Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.”

   Hence my obsession with laundry spray and why at the craft store when I saw this spot remover I had to buy it & try it! Fast-forward that little craft store closed, I couldn’t find anywhere else to buy the laundry spray. Then many years later I started my reselling clothing business and I really needed something that was going to take out those spots from the thrift store. Somewhere deep in my brain the memory of Grandma‘s Secret Spot Remover popped up. I immediately searched Amazon for it, and voilà!

*The best way I have found to use the spray is: Spray the spot or areas, use the garment its self and rub the area together. (don't use any thing stiff like an old tooth brush cause it could distort the fabric.) Place the item into the washer to let it set a few minutes before starting the washer.  



All links in this post are Amazon Affiliate links, meaning I earn a commission from Amazon when you purchase by clicking on provided qualified links.

Comments